Responsibilities and Duties:
· Operate crane
· Can assemble and do all work to finish molds. ( all manual work). Cut pins, operate radial arm drill, etc.
· Perform Insert changes to prints and master samples.
· In trainee level this person will start with mold change over's, replacing injector pins and conducting preventative maintenance on molds. Then, will eventually learn CNC Milling, Mold Repair and Mold Assembly.
· Hours are between 40-55, based on workload
· Must take responsibility for the quality of work performed
· Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed by Tool Room Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
· Seeking Mold Maker Apprentice w/ 2-3 yrs shop exp. for a Mold Build & Repair tool room where molds are machined, assembled new and repaired.
· Prefer candidates with mold setting, mold repair, machining or cnc machining experience - as long as the candidate has experience in one of the above areas, client will train in the rest.
· Familiarity with shop equipment and tooling (lathe, saw, disc sander, mills).
· Would be a plus to be able to read blue prints.
· Exp. read mics, calipers and do shop math preferred.
· Crane exp.
· Someone who reports daily and seeks works when jobs are completed.
***Questions about the position? Call us at 248-817-5740***