Wire EDM Machine Operator - 2nd Shift for tool & die company located in the Lake Forest CA area. Great opportunity and growth potential with a stable company.
These are temporary to hire opportunities. Pay to $14-17/hr depending on experience.
Night Shift: hours 3:30pm -12:00am . Overtime is possible. Company will complete a full background check prior to start.
Please submit resume to Job 358551
- Operate Wire EDM Machine and any new equipment thereafter.
- Follow Machine Procedures.
- Read prints.
- Learn set-up, power setting, and off-sets.
- Measure parts to be machined.
- Use comparators, tool maker's microscopes, etc.
- Use measuring devices, gage blocks, and dial indicators.
- Do First Article inspection and inspect parts on a regular basis.
- Count parts and fill-out the appropriate paperwork.
- Proceed to turn in finished products to QC for further inspection and shipping.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform regular maintenance on machines, as per machine manual.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Min 1 year Wire EDM Machine Operation experience; programming is a plus.
- Must have basic mathematics ability for adding/subtracting decimals and fractions; must be able to read prints and understand dimensional tolerances.
- Desire to learn new trade - the company will provide training and guidance.
- Knowledge of computers is desired.
- Creativity, Initiative and the ability to work independently is a MUST
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Essential duties require frequent reaching above shoulder level and manual dexterity for handling small/large objects.
- Routinely moves parts/product weighing up to 25 lbs.
- In this position, employees are exposed to noise, dust, and fumes, and working around moving machinery.