Transportation Dispatcher – Wilmington Delaware
Our client in Wilmington is seeking a Transportation Dispatcher to join their growing team. This candidate must be able to hit the ground running and contribute immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities with this position include but are not limited to:
- Maintains an up-to-date listing of mobility vans and assigned drivers.
- Assures ready access to an up-to-date route sheet for each scheduled route.
- Maintains cordial working relationships with assigned drivers
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of all facets of driver and driver duties as outlined in the operations manual.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of roads and streets in New Castle County service area.
- Operate two-way communication systems as required.
- Communicate with Owners, outside organizations, businesses, government organizations, local police and others as appropriate in emergency situations and activities that require notification.
- Complete customer complaint and incidence reports when necessary.
- Communicate with drivers dispatching to needed locations to respond to routine request.
- Maintain or assist in maintaining assigned files and records; receive and process information according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Operate standard office machines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Ability To do the following:
- Perform dispatching and support duties for company.
- Speak clearly and distinctly.
- Learn and apply applicable department rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Maintain routine records.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate or higher education.
- Prior driving experiences 3-year review no more than two infractions during review period.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years old
- Complete criminal background check. No prior convictions for financial crime, substance abuse, sexual crime or crime of violence.
Must update all required training on annual basis:
- CPR Training
- First Aid Training
- Defensive Driving Certification
- Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Pass Training