Sales Associate / Customer Service
Our client, a leading Home Improvement and Interior Design company for in the Stone, Tile and Slab industry, is in need of a Sales Associate to work in their showroom in the San Diego area (Miramar Area)
You will be helping the customers with design and product knowledge (training is provided) but you must have a keen interest in learning and have customer service experience. This is a temporary to direct opportunity, the starting hourly pay is $15.00 per hour and there is future growth and promotional opportunities with this national company.
- Deliver outstanding customer service in the showroom, ensures every customer is greeted and made to feel welcome.
- Actively seeks customers in need of assistance.
- Able to work with multiple customers simultaneously.
- Fulfills customer care responsibilities, applies training and education to exceed the customer's expectations.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge for stone, tile, rough goods and chemicals. Maintains knowledge of competitors and their products. Uses resources such as sales reps, seek out product information from recognized experts, publications, product labels, and knowledgeable staff, and the internet to learn about competitive products offered by the competition.
- Understands the client’s policies and their position in the marketplace.
- Assists showroom Manager and Assistant Manager with showroom merchandising and maintenance, participate in cleaning and organizing showrooms to keep the displays visually exciting and enticing.
- Monitoring the showroom activity for safety.
- Provides refreshments to customers when it's appropriate. Occasionally supervises the client’s customers' children while their parents’ shop in the store.
- Offers samples and accurate information to the client’s customers. Actively listens to the customer to understand her or his service needs. Willingly presents samples, ensuring that the samples are marked correctly.
- Completes all documentation of the customer's visit.
- Fills out customer information cards, sends thank you cards, and customer follow-up.
- Contributes to the operation and maintenance of the showroom environment. Performs various sample room duties including (but not limited to) rotating sample stock, labeling and pricing samples and displays, and general housekeeping duties.
- Performs inventory of sample stock and requisitions merchandise for sample resupply. Makes sample boards and grouted concept boards.
This role includes estimating amount of covering required and cost based on customer's information so basic math skills is required. Able to determine a close approximation of the quantity of material required if the customer provides measurements, and the cost of that material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands, frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Due to the high volume of responses, only those candidates that meet the qualifications above will be contacted.