Purchasing Associate for a biotechnology company located in the Tustin CA area.
This is a Temporary to Hire opportunity with pay $20-21/hr depending on experience. Hours 9:30 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Once hired, company offers benefits to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k with FREE Thursday catered lunch.
To ensure an optimal level of stock is maintained across 600 different raw material sku’s therefore ensuring profit maximization. Position is within a face-paced company that provides the opportunity to work in a team environment. Individual must be able to multi-task, have strong computer knowledge, customer service and communication skills.
Please submit resume for immediate consideration - Job 407361
- Perform inventory analysis on all assigned raw material to determine appropriate action given material on hand and quantity required based on pre-existing forecasts.
- Help to categorize raw material vendors based on specific criteria such as on-time delivery, responsiveness, criticality, number of sku’s purchased etc.…
- Establish and maintain pertinent vendor relationships through the use of weekly and/or bi-weekly phone calls.
- Work closely with supply chain to obtain detailed forecasts for all assigned raw materials which can be used to execute purchase orders with delivery timelines.
- Help to record and maintain detailed records containing product specification necessary for purchasing.
- Investigate and help to establish backup suppliers for all critical items.
- Perform bi-monthly stock counts of all assigned material to ensure correctness in system.
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing.
- Consistent work history is important.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel using pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs etc…
- Team player with a positive attitude who is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- General operations experience preferred (familiarity with purchasing/buying process)
Performance Metrics for Success:
- Inventory Metrics
- Category Analysis
- Vendor Metrics
- Vendor Analysis and Categorization
- # of Sku’s purchased from each vendor
- Vendor Lead time and responsiveness
- Cost Analysis
- Shipping Cost Analysis
- Raw Material Cost Analysis