PrideStaff Beaverton, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 15 years, our client has been an integral partner to manufacturers building automated machinery in the Northwest, providing systems integration, programming, UL508 control panels, and field support.
Our Purchasing Agent will partner with our Logistics Agent to ensure a smooth flow of parts into production and out to our customers, including expediting parts when necessary.
Purchasing Agent Responsibilities:
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Requesting cost proposals and negotiating contracts and prices.
- Preparing, processing, and tracking purchase orders.
- Weekly purchasing of all parts sales and builds and prompt purchasing for urgent issues and change orders
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Purchase for parts-related change-order requests, partner with Logistics Agent to determine what parts need to be purchased, and notify the team when the parts will arrive.
- Review BOMs on projects to reconcile component availability with customer delivery
- Assist with RMAs: purchasing new parts from vendors when necessary. requirements and obtain approval on substitutions as necessary.
- Collaborate with team members when parts are delayed and need expediting
- Use email and other software to communicate with team members
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Administrative tasks and projects as assigned
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience with automated Logistics/Warehouse Management Systems. Knowledge of Exact Online is a plus.
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- 1-3 years of inventory management is helpful
- Proficient with PCs and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Sheets, pdf files and internet searches
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong desire to collaborate
Benefits: 401 (k), Health Insurance, Paid Time Off
Work Schedule: Day Shift - Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: up to $20/hour depending on skills and experience.
Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028
PrideStaffWhy Work Here?
Great culture and team!
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted “Best of Staffing” Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you! Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028