Process Engineer-Electronic Manufacturing
Our client is a locally owned and operated electronics manufacturer. Founded in 1988 they are the choice supplier for leading-edge companies in the medical, aerospace, defense, industrial and communication segments for electronics manufacturing services. They offer great benefits, career path development, and a great work environment!
This Process Engineer provides technical leadership to the Surface Mount Technology department in order to support business goals and objectives. This position collaborates with team members to ensure a proactive approach to root cause analysis, problem-solving, and processes that constantly meet evolving customer requirements with the highest quality standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop processes needed to produce high complexity Circuit Card Assembly’s in the Surface Mount Technology area.
- Align manufacturing capabilities with customers and technology road map by implementing new technology to support business opportunities.
- Be a technical resource to production for process operation, improvement, problem-solving, and interpretation of quality standards, process control, and training.
- Identify, manage, and work on projects to improve quality, process control, and productivity.
- Support and develop technical competence in production and technical support staff.
- Design/conduct experiments to improve processes and advance organizational knowledge of the field.
- Evaluate, recommend, and coordinate implementation of circuit board processes and equipment.
- Maintain and develop technical contacts with customers, vendors, and other organizations in the electronics community.
- Review circuit boards for cost, quality, and ability to manufacture.
- Teach concepts to improve flow, problem-solving, continuous improvement, and eliminate waste.
- High level of proficiency in computer systems including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- High-level critical thinking, analysis, and ability to initiate process improvements.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting, project management, teamwork, proactive follow-up, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
- BS, ME, or related degree or equivalent training and experience
- Manufacturing or process engineering experience
- Experience with PCBA-related processes involving Surface Mount Technology equipment/automation
- Experience in an ISO9001 / AS9100 / ISO13485 certified quality management system
- Proficiency in process design and control
- Working knowledge of IPC-610, J-STD, IPC 7711/7721, IPC-A-600, and/or ANSI/ESD S20.20 standards
- Contract manufacturing experience
Pay Rate: Up to $ 80,000 Depending on Skills and Experience
This is a Direct Hire position, not a contract or Temp.
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted "Best of Staffing" Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you!
Call today to apply! 971.371.4028
Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028