Plant Supervisor: Swing Shift
Our client is a leading recycler of empty beverage containers that are collected by our fleet of tractor-trailers. They are then counted, sorted, crushed and baled in preparation to be recycled at one of eight facilities around the state. All aluminum containers are transported to recycling smelters for use in the production of new beverage cans.
The Shift Supervisor will be responsible for all shift production processes, proper staffing, workflows, quality control, and safety issues. Responsible for ensuring departmental productivity and performance objectives are met. Ensures all production-related reporting is accurately prepared and forwarded to the appropriate person(s). Supervise and Manage day to day work of up to four shift leads. Selects, trains, directs, evaluates and recommends termination for all direct reports. Identify and report all maintenance issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all company, departmental safety, and quality control rules and procedures are complied with by direct reports and self.
- Inventory and communicate ordering needs of production and safety-related items and equipment to the Manager of Plant Operations as necessary.
- Identify and document all maintenance items as instructed.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings with direct reports.
- Coordinate staffing needs (regular and temporary) with the Manager of Plant Operations and Human Resources Administrator.
- Effectively train, evaluate and performance manage direct reports, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability and desire to developing and building teams — by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Closely work with and liaise with other departments to reach production goals
- Ability to think through a problem and make suggestions on solutions with Plant Manager
- Monitor cleanliness and ensure the organization of the department floor area and outside the yard.
- Safely operates various forklifts with various attachments to move material(s) from place to place.
- Performs daily inspections of forklifts and coordinates needed repair with maintenance
- Ability to operate plant equipment and unload trailers as required, in the effort to keep shift priorities and team goals progressing
- Accurate documentation of counts and weights of incoming and outgoing product as required
- Complete BOL’s and other required shipping paperwork.
- Perform basic math calculations necessary to complete paperwork. Specifically, regarding outbound commodity loads
- Coordinate the transfer of products, equipment, and supplies as instructed by the Manager of Plant Operations.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred
- Pass company's basic math skill test.
- 3-5 years of Supervisory Experience with increasing responsibility
- Inbound and outbound trucking experience preferred
Up to $48,000 Depending on Skills and Experience!!
2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.