Patient Access Representative / Medical Receptionist
PrideStaff Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fairfax and Tysons locations, $18-$19/hour, Full Time
Hiring multiple people for TWO locations in Fairfax County (Fairfax And Tysons Corner)
Tysons - hiring for three day work week (3 - 12 hour day shifts, 7am-730pm))
Fairfax - hiring for three shift options (5 - 8 hour shifts; 11a-7pm, 3p-11pm, and overnight).
$18-$19 an hour
1st, 2nd, 3rd shift available. Located On-site in a hospital/ER setting.
Contractors may be sitting at a desk OR may be walking, using a mobile check-in station to check-in patients arriving to hospital. Candidates should be open to either sitting or being on their feet throughout the day.
Patient Access Associates (PAA) are the first point of contact for patients. PAAs are in charge of scheduling appointments, surgeries, radiology procedures and more. As well as verifying insurance coverage to ensure approval and provide accurate payment information to patients. PAAs also complete all registration processes from confirming patient identification to HIPPA regulations. Lastly, Patient Access Associates assist in the admission of patients for hospitalizations and surgeries.
Reviews documented insurance benefits and patient liability in appropriate system(s) to prepare for patient counseling session.
• Insurance Verification
• Identifies and communicates payor authorization and referral requirements.
• Completes and documents in appropriate computer system.
• Maintains updated authorization/referral requirements information and communicates to team members.
• Applies knowledge of online payor verification systems to obtain and validate insurance information on a timely and accurate basis.
• Determines patient financial responsibility and notifies patient and/or guardian as necessary.
• Patient Admitting
• Accesses appropriate systems or services to confirm insurance coverage or other means of payment.
• Processes billing and insurance paperwork in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
• Greets and interviews incoming patients/visitors to identify their needs and directs them accordingly.
Experience:1 year of excellent customer service in any industry or 1 year of experience in a medical setting or associates degree.
Education:GED or High School diploma Special Skills: Basic communication and computer skills.
PrideStaffWhy Work Here?
Excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level! We work hard, we balance work/life, we make an impact & we have fun!
PrideStaff is a nationally recognized and diamond-awarded staffing firm with a reputation of matching top talent with rewarding careers
HealthcareView all jobs at PrideStaff