Medical Front Desk Reception - Dover DE
Our client here in Dover Delaware is seeking a Medical Front desk receptionist.
Medical Assistant responsibilities
- Update and maintain all electronic medical records
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Work in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and faxes and greeting patients as they enter the facility
- Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone in a warm and genuine manner
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Enhance practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Generate revenue by recording billing information of services rendered, completing insurance forms and responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Serve and protect the physician or healthcare provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements
Medical Assistant Skills
- Associate degree in a medical field (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- High level of professionalism, compassion and empathy
- Strong patient service skills
- Inventory management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clinical Skills
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Procedural Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Planning and organization
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!