- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client is a lead manufacturer of products used in the power transmission industry.
The Manufacturing Foreman coordinates the activities of their manufacturing team including machine operators, welding, fabrication, field service, delivery, and assembly. Moves between direct involvement and delegation to manage the manufacturing, quality assurance, and shipment preparation of products. The Manufacturing Foreman supports Purchasing, Manufacturing, Planning, Production, and Administrative departments to ensure the established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
PAY: up to $85k depending on skills and experience
SCHEDULE: Standard: Monday - Friday, 6 am to 3 pm Flexibility is required for workload & meetings. Some Saturdays required
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a large team with diverse areas of focus toward a common goal
- Directly supervises 1 to 35 employees in the Manufacturing Department
- Conduct supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Coordinate and conduct interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Interpret blueprints and job orders to workers, and assign duties
- Analyze work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs
- Compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from the storage area
- Plan the flow of materials through the department and develop the physical layout of machines according to work orders
- Interface with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products that fail to meet standards
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Analyze and help to resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work-related problems.
- Maintain time and production records
- Function following established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- College certificate or technical school; OR 3 - 6 yrs related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven working history in design, fabrication, manufacturing, purchasing, and customer/supplier relations
- Computer skills on MS Office & Made 2 Manage (or other MRP)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Well organized
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Online, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (971)371-4028
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted "Best of Staffing" Diamond award for 11 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you!
Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted “Best of Staffing” Diamond award for 11 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you! Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028
AddressForest Grove, OR