Maintenance Mechanic w/ 2 plus yrs. exp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Conducts electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance functions and machinery and equipment repair.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Observes, listens, diagnosis, and troubleshoots machinery and equipment malfunctions.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Starts equipment and devices to test and establish their performance after repair.
- Performs lubrication activities and properly disposes of spent oil and grease when required.
- Ensures that fire extinguishers and other safety related equipment are well maintained and inspected on a routine basis.
- Assures conformance to OSHA, state codes and local regulations for equipment, building and grounds.
- Actively participates in the storm water team and conducts storm water sampling as needed.
- Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities.
- Notifies supervisor of the need for major repairs and the probability for equipment or facility failures.
- Maintains the water tower chemical treatment system.
- Fabricates and installs new equipment and/or works with external contractors to facilitate equipment or machinery relocation or repairs.
- Prior work experience on equipment in a manufacturing setting
- Extensive experience with industrial power tools strongly preferred
- Experience with repairs to hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment and machines
- Must have experience with 110, 220, 480, single phase, 3 phase wiring
- Must be able to follow safety protocols during all repair work
- Knowledge of electrical controls a plus
- Must be able to use basic measuring equipment
- Requires average math skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components and equipment
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively.
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Inspires the trust of others.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Our client offers great compensation, and benefits package including 401K!!
To learn more about this great opportunity, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PrideStaff 860 Airport Freeway Suite 204, Hurst, Texas 76054