This position will be responsible for correctly interpreting blueprints and/or various CAD files and creating CNC machining programs using specialized programming software. This person will also set up and operate numerical control machine center creating various mechanical parts.
- Analyze the blueprint or file of all required parts that need to be fabricated
- Determine the machining sequences and appropriate tools that will be needed.
- Set up and operate numerical control machine to cut, or shape metal work pieces to specifications
- Review setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attach fixture to machine bed and position and secure work piece in fixture according to setup instructions, using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments, such as Micro-Hite 600, micrometers and calipers.
- Assemble cutting tools in tool holders and position tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Adjust machine feed and speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions
- Conduct occasional inspections
- Responsible for maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for exercising all safety precautions during machine operation
- Other various duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years prior related experience with formal training in programming
- Saw operator experience
Hours: Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Pay: $23/ hr DOE
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.