Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Our client, a leading manufacturer in the Poway area, is seeking a skilled machine operator for their 2nd Shift. This is a great opportunity and temporary to direct as well for the right person. They have one of the best working environments in the area and offers a fantastic career potential.
2nd Shift - $16.50 per hour, You must be flexible as the first two to three months of training will be on 1st shift. While on training, you will receive the 2nd shift hourly rate even though you are training on 1st shift.
You will be Skilled in operating machinery in one or more departments of Weld, Plug, Sink, Straightening, Cutting, Chop Cut, and CG. Knowledgeable in performing set ups in accordance with established procedures. Trained in the proper use of tooling for small, medium or large gauge sizes. Will also be responsible for the maintenance of all tooling used in manufacturing. Instructed in sampling procedure and inspection techniques on measuring the OD, using OD gauge and pin gauge for measuring ID. Must be certified to operate a machine and sign off on production. Performs process checklist and sampling procedure in accordance with appropriate client processes.
- Responsible for producing quality products
- Performs set up per client requirements for department
- Informs Shift Supervisor of production and/or quality problems
- Record production results on process record and in system
- Record labor hours against work orders in system
- Record result of process set up on the checklist form
- Record result of sample per the sample form
- Performs relate duties as assigned by supervisors
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality standards
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up
- Must be willing to work mandatory overtime on Saturdays and or on any other days scheduled per business needs
- Must be familiar with the Company Policy Manual and adhere to behavior and attendance guidelines
- High School Diploma or equivalent years of relevant experience
- 6 months manufacturing experience
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required
- Ability to stand for long period of time
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility
- Exposure to metals, lubricants, solvents, electrolytes and other hazardous materials
- May work at different departments or shifts as production needs require.
Due to the high volume of responses, only candidates that meet the requirements above will be contacted.