A manufacturer in Rancho Santa Margarita needs an experienced Import/Export & Logistics Specialist. This individual will primarily be responsible for preparation of U.S. export documentation, accurate execution of export shipments and coordination with logistics suppliers to ensure timely delivery. This role will also be responsible for monitoring and expediting import shipments by coordinating efforts with global suppliers and international freight forwarders to ensure on-time delivery. The Import/Export & Logistics Specialist will liaise with internal and external customers to effectively meet the company’s supply chain demands and customers order fulfillment expectations.
This position is a temp to hire opportunity. The hours are Monday to Friday, 8AM to 5PM and the pay is $20+ an hour, based on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Timely execute export shipments by following the terms of sales. Actively monitor import shipments of materials and drop shipments for customer orders fulfilment.
- Accurately issue international shipping documents such as shipping invoices, packing lists and certificates of origin by adhering to the U.S. export/import and international regulations.
- Effectively coordinate efforts with logistics suppliers to ensure prompt shipment execution and delivery. Timely obtain proof of delivery to support monthly revenue targets.
- Proactively interact with Project Management, Inside Sales and Purchasing teams to ensure that contract dates are always met. Support customers’ unique logistics procedures and/or documentation requirements.
- Liaise with external customers to obtain missing information required to execute shipment. Provide shipment updates and keep customer informed at all times.
- Take immediate action to resolve any international shipping delays or other issues. Effectively manage expectations of external and /or internal customers.
- Actively participate in freight cost reduction initiatives. Handle RFQ and eAuctions. Recommend internal customer on the most cost-effective transportation options. Enforce company freight pre-approval policies in place.
- Interpret L/C requirements and generate or gather specified information or documents in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skill:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience at an importer/exporter, international freight forwarding or customs brokerage company.
- Experienced in handling multiple tasks with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of ICC Incoterms.
- Experience in filing EEI.
- Experience with shipments with L/C.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Familiarity with “Lean” principles in administrative processes.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Import/Export Compliance Awareness
- Familiarity with the general rules of interpretation of the US/WCO harmonized tariff system.
- Familiarity with WTO/WCO country of origin determination standards.
- Familiarity with U.S. export classification and license requirements.
- Familiarity with import and export record-keeping laws and practices.
- Good understanding of US Importer Security Filing requirements.