- Expired: July 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions around our hiring processes as it relates to COVID-19: Learn more
Our client, a leading medical institution in San Diego, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist for their Human Resources department. This is a world class organization with a great working environment. The position is a temporary to permanent opportunity, full-time, and offers great benefits upon permanent hire!
This is a great career opportunity with an established and well-known company.
The hours are 7:30am to 4pm, Monday – Friday and this position pays up to $33.50 per hour DOE. If you have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role and qualify per below, please apply with your resume today.
This role serves as Point of Coordination of Human Resources (HR) to oversee employment administration, taking initiative to ensure full coordination of employment issues and events with all HR functions in the department.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Consults with and advises Principal Investigators, managers, supervisors and employees, on employment matters.
- Responds to inquiries regarding Human Resource policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manages the recruitment process, to include coordinating personnel requisitions, job postings, applicant screening, interviews, pre-employment screening, offer letters, new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Enters personnel and benefits data into the HRIS.
- Manages employee benefits: new hire benefits orientation, employee benefits changes and employee communications, and annual benefits open enrollment.
- Manages performance review program and salary administration.
- Processes employee re-classification and promotion documentation.
- Processes employment verifications, unemployment insurance verifications, and other verifications from the Employment Development Department (EDD).
- Conducts investigations and prepares reports in response to employee relations and compliance.
- Responsible for managing and tracking all leaves of absences. Investigates work related injuries and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Keeps records and prepares statistical reports and metrics concerning hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
- Responsible for processing and tracking all foreign employment to include as H1-B, J-1, and F-1 visas; processes and monitors status of Form I-9s.
- Participates in the emergency response/safety meetings and related HR actions.
- Coordinates all required Human Resource training.
- Coordinates internal and external Human Resources audits.
- Coordinates Federal and State reporting requirements: ACA, Affirmative Action, EEO-1, Vets-4212 and Cal OSHA.
- Processes exit interviews, keeps records and prepares statistical reports concerning turnover.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date and accurate desktop procedures for HR Generalist duties and responsibilities.
- Provides input and assistance with Human Resource projects.
- Provides support to the HR Department by performing such tasks/duties as, but not limited to: assisting in the research, development and implementation of new employee programs, employment policies, procedures, and practices to assist management, such as creation of new forms as well as preliminary research work.
- Provides input to HR policy and procedure updates to management for review.
- Participates in the employee wellness program and employee events.
- May perform additional duties as required.
- 3+ years of recent demonstrated experience at a Generalist level.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Highly confidential.
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) in related field and at least 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HR certification, such as PHR or SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
Due to the volume of resumes received, we can only contact those who qualify above.
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): Up to $33.50 per hour DOE
All compensation and pay rates are dependent upon skills and experience.
PrideStaff is an equal opportunity employer.
Join Our Talent Community
We will notify you about relevant positions, and keep you in mind whenever we have interesting opportunities. Come get them. Join Our Talent Community
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at PrideStaff