Field Service Technician
PrideStaff Boise, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Field Service Technician
Established in 1949, our client has grown into a regional and national industrial equipment supplier, providing a combination of value-added technical services, engineering, consultation, and quality products to a variety of markets. They provide mission-critical equipment to a wide variety of industries including Fortune 500 companies.
**This is a direct-hire position, not a contract assignment!!**
The highly trained Field Service Technicians are an integral part of the company's success, providing value to our customers after the sale. The daily duties of this position are to perform routine and emergency repairs and scheduled maintenance. The Technicians use a variety of manual and power tools to perform daily work. With the use of system documentation, the Field Service Technician will troubleshoot at the customer site various products made by our client.
Typical Duties Include:
- Repair industrial machinery: such as air compressors (5-500HP), positive displacement pumps, liquid ring pumps, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers, and vacuum systems.
- On-field service calls, discuss the assignment with customer’s representative, and inspect installation site to verify that electrical supply wires, conduit, switches, and circuit breakers are installed according to specifications.
- Read/follow sketches, schematics, blueprints, manufacturer’s specifications maintenance manuals to determine troubleshooting procedure.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform repairs using system troubleshooting methodology and diagnostic tools.
- Interpret readings on gauges, indicators, and dials.
- Visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to the problem area, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems. Realign and adjusts components
- Apply knowledge of electrical circuits, mechanics, and pneumatics.
- Verify that electrical power is reaching the compressed air equipment and that voltage is as specified, using testing instruments.
- Test electrical components: such as wiring, switches, and relays, using test instruments, and replace faulty components.
- Troubleshoot PLCs with diagnostic tools.
- Locate damaged air pipes on the machine; may measure, cut threads or install pipe. Repair broken parts, using brazing, soldering & welding equipment, and hand tools. Start machine and equipment to test operation following repair.
- May train customer’s staff in operation of compressed air machinery.
- Maintain Company Vehicle
- Shop clean-up.
- Electrical controls experience helpful
- 1-3 years of industrial maintenance experience, prior Military Maintenance experience is highly desired.
- Apply system troubleshooting skills effectively
- Ability to recognize common mechanical and electrical components/read schematic
- Effective customer relations skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Some overtime work and occasional overnight travel
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Specialized training: Mechanics, Refrigeration (highly desired), Electrical Circuitry
- Previous Experience: Mechanical, 3 phase electrical, Refrigeration.
All-new Field Service Technicians are trained on-site at the company depot prior to moving to the Field.
Typical Training Plan:
- Weeks 1 to 4: Repair and maintenance training at the company site
- Weeks 4 to 8: Field travel with Sr. Field Service Technician
- Weeks 8 on The new Field Service Technician is assigned a company vehicle
*Note: The training may be accelerated or slowed down depending on individual performance and needs.
Pay Rate: Up to $30/hr. Depending on Experience, Qualifications, and Skill
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted "Best of Staffing" Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you!
Apply online or call us today, 971.371.4028!
Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028
PrideStaffWhy Work Here?
Great Company and Culture!
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted “Best of Staffing” Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you! Apply online or call today to apply! 971.371.4028