Crane Mechanic – Wilmington Delaware
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to join their expanding team as a Crane Mechanic or Mechanic Trainee. This position is responsible for the maintenance of inter-modal equipment such as mobile cranes and other container-handling equipment.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Providing timely diagnosis/repair and regular preventative maintenance to the equipment utilizing air and electric hand tools, as well as utilizing forklift and man lift as needed.
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 1-3 years' experience in mechanical troubleshooting and equipment repairs including electrical, hydraulic and diesel engine systems. The client is willing to train the right candidate for this position.
- Must be able to maneuver up and down ladders and must have or obtain a full set of mechanics hand tools (all large tools are supplied).
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic and effective communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must be willing to work occasional overtime and be on call on a rotational basis once trained.
- Due to the size of the equipment work will be outside and candidate must be able to work in inclement weather and at heights.
- Basic work week is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with overtime as necessitated by break-downs.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a TWIC badge.
- Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that include medical, dental, vision 401-K and life insurance plans, paid vacation and holidays.