Assistant Property Manager
PrideStaff Oakland, CA
- Posted: May 05, 2021
Are you passionate about Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Property Management? Our Client in Oakland has an opening for a Assistant Property Manager. If you are looking for a new Career opportunity to grow your skills and your career, please contact asap!
Company WOW Factors:
- A large scale operation without the corporate mumbo-jumbo
- No drama, No politics...and if you have a better idea, they listen
- Recognize when great work is being done and provide individual support along the way
- Employee longevity
- Competitive compensation, 401k, medical / dental, professional tuition reimbursement, annual bonus potential
- Quality of life
- Extremely flat
- Opportunity to touch and learn all aspects of the business
Summary and Objective:
The Assistant Property Manager is a vital member of the property team consisting of a Senior Property Manager, Property Manager(s), Tenant Coordinator(s), supporting Engineers, Maintenance staff, and Accountants.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible to lead, direct, mentor and manage team members in his/her direct report in all aspects of property management including but not limited to leasing, operations, tenant relations, finance, accounting and team development.
Success in this position is determined by the Assistant Property Manager's ability to achieve leasing, operational and financial results in concert with the goals and objectives set forth by the Senior Property Manager, Property Manager, and the CEO/COO/CFO. The Assistant Property Manager is challenged to create value through people and process and contribute to the long term success and stability of the organization through collaboration at all levels. Working together, the Assistant Property Manager and his/her team represent our Client to tenants, other team members, vendors and investors alike in the daily fulfillment of our Client's mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- To provide outstanding customer service to existing and prospective customers through an action-oriented, solutions-centered approach to daily business challenges and opportunities.
- Research and resolve routine customer situations and scenarios, e.g., building access, insurance issues and vendor issues, including directing the Day Porter to address these issues, communicating with customers and vendors, and recommending resolution for more complex issues to the Property Manager.
- Monitor and direct the work of the Day Porter(s) and related staff including providing information and training, responding to questions, resolving issues and ensuring completion of tasks within established timeframes.
- Monitor and coordinate the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes to meet established goals, resolving routine issues with customers and vendors alike. This includes administering Late Fees, 3-Day Notices, Unlawful Detainer proceedings and issuing customer ancillary charges.
- Coordinate and manage assigned vendor relationships, e.g. janitorial, landscaping, including regular contracts to identify and resolve both potential and existing issues, managing service levels to meet contract specifications, and participating in and documenting walk-throughs.
- Complete and/or participate in formal and informal property inspections. Ensure documentation and resolution of issues as assigned by the Senior Property Manager, Property Manager and/or Director of Facilities.
- Distribute security and life safety plans to all tenants and ensure training and fire drills are conducted according to prevailing code.
- Participate in contract bidding, vendor selection and contract negotiation process for assigned vendors by gathering and researching data, coordinating activities, participating in the bid qualification process and preparing and editing Purchase Orders, Service Agreements, Standard Prime Contracts and other contractual documents.
- Manage smaller construction and special projects to ensure that deliverables are met within established timeframes and budget, coordinating implementation with tenants, vendors, construction crews, and other, and setting up construction jobs, budgets and contracts.
- May coordinate larger or more complex construction and special projects under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, Property Manager, Director of Facilities and/or the Chief Operating Officer.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly reports that may include researching and writing variance explanations, e.g., preparing explanations of aged receivables and collections reforecast, and preparing other narratives addressing issues that may affect the overall financial or operational performance of the property.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and complete assigned deliverables under the direction of the Senior Property Manager and/or Property Manager.
- Participate in meetings, respond to information requests.
- Communicate and follow through with customers and vendors to ensure compliance with insurance requirements including interpretation of requirements as needed, providing oversight and feedback to the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager.
- Work with property Accountant to address expense variances, CAM issues, A/R and A/P review and follow up.
- Able to learn and use the Yardi Property Management system.
- Coordinate the customer move-in and move-out process including orientating new customers to property management staff, services and procedures, meeting and coordinating with vendors, arranging for building access, and ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Identify and recommend to Senior Property Manager and/or Property Manager opportunities to reduce operating expense and/or generate additional income.
- May participate in business group project teams or taskforces.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible to direct the work and duties of the Tenant Coordinator(s), Day Porter(s), Engineers and/or other support staff in coordination with the goals and objectives set forth by the Senior Property Manager and the Property Manager.
Location/Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities vary according to size, location, ownership status, and complexity of property.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- General knowledge of insurance, risk management, environmental codes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation systems, building automation and life safety systems as well as other systems pertaining to the management of Class A and B commercial and industrial real estate.
- General knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles and processes as they apply to budget preparation, financial statement analysis, building account management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, to analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases and non-routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively address and resolve sensitive and/or difficult customer and vendor issues.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, raise issues and propose solutions.
- Proven initiative in analyzing property management issues and developing and presenting recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to conclusion.
- Ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to display sound and accurate judgment.
- Demonstrated commitment to training and developing team members.
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of and train less experienced staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Property Management Software. Our Client uses Yardi.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 plus years' experience in property management environment or leasing function in a commercial real estate environment.
- Maintain current California Real Estate license.
- RPA Designation or demonstrated course work toward obtaining designation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In some locations, you may need to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee works primarily in an office environment.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Real EstateView all jobs at PrideStaff