Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk
PrideStaff Laurel, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hours: 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday
PrideStaff Hattiesburg is seeking an experienced AP/AR clerk to join our client’s team in Laurel, MS. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity. Are you working, but looking to explore? Are you needing a new career opportunity? Give us a call at 601-582-8881 and/or apply directly to this posting for immediate consideration!
Job Responsibilities include:
- Process accounts payable and receivable in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable and receivable data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable and receivable status
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- At least 2 years related work experience required
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Benefits of working with PrideStaff:
- Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
- Dental and Vision Plan Options
- Short-term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
PrideStaff wants you to Succeed! We have dedicated consultants that provide employment market insights and resources! We offer the support you need along the way. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network of employers from across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources.
Finance and Insurance