- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sous Chef - Banquets
- Shift/Hours: 5 days/40 hours - flexible schedule
- Pay Rate: $55,000 annually - DOE
- Location: Woodbridge NJ
- Experience: 1+ years
Sous Chef Position Overview:
The Banquet Sous Chef functions as a liaison between the frontline kitchen staff, the Executive Chef, and the front-of-house management team. They will attend all BEO meetings and be responsible for having a complete understanding of all information provided at these meetings.
Qualifications of the Sous Chef
- Banquet experience: 1 year (Required)
- Cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Analytics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work with the Executive Chef to develop the catering menu.
- Ensure adherence to company standards of food quality.
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portions, and the appearance of food.
- Supervise the daily set-up for the menu; anticipate business volume and stock work areas accordingly.
- Ensure unused food is stored properly to minimize waste and maximize quality.
- Recruit and select staff.
- Participate in developing and implementing business strategies for the catering area aligned with the hotel’s overall mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Implement strategies for the kitchen that support the achievement of the catering department’s goals.
- Monitor status regularly and adjust strategies as appropriate.
- Create an environment for employees aligned with the culture through constant communication and reinforcement.
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees.
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision of the hotel to employees.
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities, and experiences provided by employees.
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective.
- Keep current on the pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience.
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience.
Team Member benefits offered such as:
Career growth and development
Recognition and rewards programs
Paid Time Off (PTO)
And much more!
- job req # 490431
- post date 12.14.22
- job exp date 1.30.22
• Clients and candidates consistently rate PrideStaff among the top recruiting firms within the staffing industry based on Net Promoter Score (NPS) data
• PrideStaff provides comprehensive training to Staffing Consultants on our proven sales, recruiting and staffing processes
• We help our Staffing Consultants succeed with leading edge recruiting technology and performance improvement programs
• We offer one of the most unique and competitive compensation plans in the Staffing and Recruiting industry
PrideStaff - Morristown-Parsippany, NJ
Get fresh Sous Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.