Our client is seeking a 1st shift production operator to join their team!
The primary function of the Press Operator is to run a press and make parts that meet specifications while meeting productivity standards set by the Stamping Manager.
- Make parts to specifications to meet customer needs for quality and quantity.
- Update production log daily.
- Perform & document preventive maintenance of dies.
- Maintain the work area, equipment, and tools in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Inspect parts during production runs for scratches, scores, or dings; record and report quality issues to the Stamping Supervisor or Quality Manager.
- Replace details as required to ensure good parts are made.
- Load parts in boxes/bins/drums as required and label with correct part and quantity.
- Plan ahead –for steel and shipping containers - to keep machines running.
- Comply with procedures for starting a press run, die changeover, and scrap.
- Detect and report problems (defective materials, questionable conditions, etc.) that would prevent the completion of duties or contribute to poor quality or defective parts.
- Operate powered industrial truck (forklift) as needed to complete duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: – High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: – 1-3 years
License(s)/Registration(s)/Certification(s): – must be able to successfully complete training to receive permits for both forklifts and overhead cranes
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: – basic math skills; ability to read and write English; ability to judge spatial relationships and use logic (common sense); basic mechanical inclination; ability to work well with minimal direct supervision, ability to work well with others; effective time management skills