Product Development Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The candidate will develop new products for the next generation of residential split systems. In this role, the candidate will work alongside technology, product development, and manufacturing/quality engineers to ensure successful production releases.
**must have thermodynamic experience or heat transfer experience
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data-driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Development and validate thermal system models to develop component requirements and inform design decisions.
- Collaborate with lab technicians to complete performance testing, reliability testing, and agency testing requirements
- Partner with manufacturing to understand and translate design and process engineering requirements into product line design components, subsystems, and products
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Complete discrete tasks to meet design and project objectives
- Design thermodynamic system or subsystem with minimal guidance
- Apply expert knowledge of Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials engineering
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 3-5 years of applicable experience or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Understands the fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- Understands material science fundamentals
- Design of experiments and data analysis technique knowledge
- Skilled in technical computing; Matlab, Modelica, or Python
- Experience with model-based design processes
- Proficient with Microsoft; Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences, including cross-functional team members, senior leaders, global suppliers, and external customers, including service managers and technicians.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Experience working in a team environment
- Organized with strong attention to detail
PrideNow - Skilled Industrial LaborWhy Work Here?
LEADING THE CHANGE for Light Industrial Staffing | Relationship-Focused | Customized Approach | Results-Focused