Revenue Recognition Accountant (ASC 606)
Pride Staffing Solutions Hopkinton, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical
REVENUE RECOGNITION ACCOUNTANT (ASC 606)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assume role in the Global Revenue Assurance organization to support development and application of consistent revenue recognition rules and document accounting position for revenue generating activities across varied business models, product lines and distribution channels.
· Provide advice and support to Sales organization on complex accounting issues during contract/deal negotiations in order to ensure deals are structured in accordance with Revenue Recognition policy and U.S. GAAP to maximize revenue.
· Responsible for ensuring Revenue transactions are reviewed, documented and accounted for in compliance with Revenue Recognition Policy, US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX).
· Develop and implement policies and practices in compliance with Corporate, SOX, and US GAAP guidelines.
· Work with Global Revenue Assurance colleagues located in multiple locations to ensure consistent treatment of Global deals and consistent application of Revenue Recognition guidance and policy.
· Provide technical Revenue Recognition training to cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Services, etc. as required.
· Maintain up to date and thorough knowledge of Revenue and underlying U.S. GAAP Accounting rules
Ability to work well with all levels of the organization including Sales, Legal, Services, Corporate Finance, Tax, etc
· Drive and implement changes in all areas related to revenue compliance to improve processes, customer service and to maintain the highest level of integrity in accounting.
· Ability to identify key risk areas, contemplate alternatives, draw conclusions and recommend and implement changes to mitigate any risk.
· Ability to mentor and develop staff and, in collaboration with others, to drive sound business decisions.
· Ability to be a key technical expert and operational resource capable of evaluating business objectives, researching accounting literature to provide the appropriate accounting guidance to corporate groups such as Sales, Legal, Services, Business Operations, Software Licensing, Global Financial Services and Pricing.
· Influencing and leadership skills.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
· Strong negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
· Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well in a team is a must.
· Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point).
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction by management.
· Extremely detailed oriented goal focused, organized and ability to consistently meet or exceed deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize projects and deliverables, and interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Ability to adapt quickly and positively to change.
BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
3-5 years in Accounting or Finance at a large and/or high-tech company or Public Accounting Firm preferred.
Pride Staffing SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Awesome company with a great team and plenty of room for growth! 10k Equity!
Business Intelligence (BI) for retailers. Company provides consumer brands with advanced technology, enabling world-class shopper experiences that drive profitable growth.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Pride Staffing Solutions