Sr Electrical Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***NOTE: This position requires field work, including hiking and working with utility linemen. Hikes for pole reviews can be as long as 5 miles. This is a hybrid scenario meaning reporting on-site is required approximately 2 days per week***
Pride Resource Partners, LLC (PRPLLC) is a California based high-performance Project Management consulting firm. Pride is a local small business and CPUC Certified Diverse Business Enterprise. PRPLLC provides expert resources to fill the demanding requirements for outsourced project and construction management solutions on behalf of corporate client project management organizations within the public and private sectors.
Position Purpose & Focus:
A Senior Distribution Designer works on underground and overhead electrical projects, actively participating in obtaining work and maintaining client relationships. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining design records and files, producing sketches, and system schematics for complicated design tasks, and ensuring that the project is competently designed on time and on budget.
- Use computer-aided drafting tools to create relevant drawings and 3D models of facilities
- Research, specify, and recommend commercially available equipment
- Make major design recommendations as part of a project team and participate in client presentations
- Divide and assign work to project team designers that report to incumbent
- Calculate costs and time schedules for proposed work
- Assign duties and schedules to team members, responsible for all phases of a project
- Organize and maintain project files
- Produce sketches and system schematics for complicated design tasks such as layout of mechanical or electrical equipment rooms
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents
- Document existing conditions and perform troubleshooting
- Develop details as required for a specific project
- Edit master specification sections to be project-specific
- Assist in development of technical competence of project team members
- Attend construction progress meetings to solve non-routine technical issues and produce reports
- Meet client and Pride’s requirements and standards
- Manage and maintain design records and files
- Complete as-built drawings
- Create, build, and maintain client relationships
- Work in conjunction with PM to assist with schedule and financial management
- Responsible for maintaining QA/QC of projects
- Manage the applicable drafting and design resources within a given project
- Able to fulfill assignments that require independent judgment and evaluation
- Able to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Prepare technical papers for submittal to regional/national publications
- May serve as a field engineer during construction
- Prepare addendums, proposal requests and change orders
- Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials
- Review addendums, proposal requests and change orders
- Initiate additional service requests and include appropriate project manager for client submittal
- Prepare engineering opinion of probable cost for mechanical or electrical systems and review construction manager/contractor cost estimates
- Review drawings for compliance with company and industry standards and quality
- Proficient using computer spreadsheets and design programs for engineering analysis and equipment selections.
- At least 10 years of experience using appropriate design software, including, AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Architectural or Design Technologies, Mechanical or Electrical Technology or relevant field, or equivalent training and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in Engineering, Architectural or Design Technologies, Mechanical or Electrical Technology or relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in the design of electric distribution projects in both overhead and underground configurations for electrical distribution design candidates.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of both OH and UG construction, poles, conduits, substructures, cable and wire types, and connections, for electrical distribution design candidates
- Experience using pole-loading software such as PLS-CADD and O-Calc as well as some transmission design experience for electrical distribution candidates
- Experience preparing bills of materials and construction units with software such as SAP and Maximo
- Proficient using MS Office Suite and expert skills with technical software
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable design codes
- Positive attitude, able to collaboratively work with others
- Working knowledge of electrical system design
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledgeable of relevant industry standards for design and construction
- A background as an electrical designer or planner with a large electric utility
- Working knowledge of utility safe work practices
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project
- Preferred if applicant has experience drafting electrical drawings, with expert skills in relevant software such as AutoCAD
Pride Resource PartnersWhy Work Here?
Pride is a small and agile business growing at a sustainable pace. If you are a high-performer, we will support your path to success.
Pride Resource Partners, LLC (Pride) is a California based high-performance Project Management consulting firm. Pride is a local small business and CPUC certified Diverse Business Enterprise. Pride provides expert resources to fill the demanding requirements for outsourced project and construction management solutions on behalf of corporate client project management organizations within the public and private sectors.
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Electrical Engineer Utilities jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.