Pride Resource Partners LLC San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Civil Engineer, PE
The Civil Engineer will possess their California Professional Engineer (PE) License and have at least ten years of relevant experience within the utility sector. They will have experience in providing electrical design work for electrical substations transmission and distribution lines.
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for civil/structural design of electric substation, transmission and distribution projects for low, medium and high voltage Power Utility Projects, using all applicable codes and standards. In addition, the Civil Structural Engineer will be working in a multi-cultural fast-paced environment on multiple projects, responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers. Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members. Serves as a technical specialist for Civil Substation Design and provides knowledge and skillset to provide consultation and guidance to project teams.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of civil foundation and structural design for electrical substations, transmission and distribution lines.
- Knowledge of design for steel structure and concrete foundation associated with equipment in a substation (Power Transformer, breakers, switches, surge arrestors, etc.), rigid and strain bus configurations, foundations layout, oil containment, firewall, substation grading, general arrangement, site plans, elevations, drainage, trenches and all associated bill of materials.
- Knowledge of design for steel structure and concrete foundation associated with transmission and distribution overhead lines.
- Applies knowledge of transmission and design standards, including overhead/underground distribution design, construction practices and materials, design tools, techniques, regulatory requirements and applicable state and federal codes.
- Collect information necessary to confirm field control dimension (i.e. – vertical, horizontal, depths, and elevations.
- Assist in the creation of conduit and grounding plan design.
- Review and approve related work of other team members.
- Perform any necessary activities to ensure compliance with CPUC standards.
- Provide general technical support, as needed, including the technical interfaces with customer planning, engineering, transmission, and substation operations personnel.
- Possess working knowledge of electrical substation physical layout and control houses.
- Develop and review specifications, drawings, and standards.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with other team members electrical engineers, transmission line engineers, distribution line engineers, and inspectors.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University.
- Minimum 10-years of Civil Substation Design experience required.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) License required.
- Project management experience required.
- PMP certification desirable.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, LPILE, SPMats, STAAD or similar FEA software desired.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards.
- Willing to travel and perform field inspections when necessary
Pride Resource Partners LLCWhy Work Here?
PRPLLC is a small and agile business growing at a sustainable pace. If you are a high-performer, we will support your path to success.
Pride Resource Partners, LLC (PRPLLC) is a California based high-performance Project Management consulting firm. Pride is a local small business and CPUC certified Diverse Business Enterprise. PRPLLC provides expert resources to fill the demanding requirements for outsourced project and construction management solutions on behalf of corporate client project management organizations within the public and private sectors.