Scope of Position:
The Project Deployment & Support Wind Technician, under specific direction from the PDT Supervisor, maintains turbines, including but not limited to preventive maintenance and repairs as needed. This field technician will be expected to travel for extended periods of time working on EDF Renewable Energy projects as needed. When the PDT Wind Technician is not traveling, he/she will be based at his/her assigned home site and will be directed by the Site Supervisor for that site. While traveling on behalf of EDF Renewable Energy/Renewable Services, you are expected to represent our organization and our core values at all times.
PDS Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field, excluding safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Wind Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle (service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, PDS Technicians work in extreme weather conditions.
- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
- Grease/torque wind turbines.
- May also service turbines based on the type of turbine (manufacturer) in multiple wind fields.
- Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on turbines and repairing the problems.
- Replace mechanical components.
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type.
- Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
- All other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor or his/her designee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school or equivalent: or up to one year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician.
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
- Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.
- Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
- Extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Confined spaces
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Physical Weight Limit Restriction
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving fall-arrest equipment employees are required to wear while working at heights, maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs. Employee weight subject to review at any time throughout the duration of employment and required annually at a minimum.
Pride Resource Partners LLC
Why Work Here?Pride Resource Partners, LLC (PRPLLC) is a California based high-performance Project Management consulting firm. Pride is a local small business and CPUC certified Diverse Business Enterprise. PRPLLC provides expert resources to fill the demanding requirements for outsourced project and construction management solutions on behalf of corporate client project management organizations within the public and private sectors.
PRPLLC is a small and agile business growing at a sustainable pace. If you are a high-performer, we will support your path to success.