General Contractor seeking superintendent for Philadelphia, PA area 5-10 years experience in commercial, industrial and institutional projects. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Construction Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the construction projects. The Construction Superintendent works with the owner representative, vendors, subcontractors, and ensures a safe, clean, organized and productive project.Computer literate, ability to communicate, expedite and respond as needed to owners representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the construction of projects.
- Represent the best interests of company.
- Record and keep an accurate daily construction log for the projects assigned.
- Keep the Project Manager informed at all times of the project status during construction.
- Maintain an organized and complete set of construction documents for the projects assigned.
- Coordinate all phases of the work with the subcontractors and suppliers as necessary.
- Schedule and verify all inspections with the subcontractors and authorities have jurisdiction.
- Hold weekly Safety meetings.
- Coordinate and complete the project within the construction schedule; including continually reviewing the construction schedule for the project as necessary and informing the Project Manager of any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Take daily construction progress photos for project records.
- Forward all related construction forms, reports, notes, photos, construction documents, etc. to the Project Manager in timely manner.
- Keep a complete organized record all changes associated with the project and record the changes on the documents and drawings. Provide a record all changes for the final as built construction and shop drawings on the project.
- Be responsible for the overall operations and promote good housekeeping with subcontractors.
- Ensure that the construction project and process is operated safely at all times.
- Assist in all inspections with the Project Manager.
- Complete the project punch-list with related subcontractors as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and organizational skills are required
- Professionalism and attention to detail
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Current ACOE Construction Quality Management For Contractors cert. (desired but not mandatory)