Construction Project Manger Level 1
Pride Enterprises, Inc. Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*May perform other duties as assigned. Where applicable.
Manage and supervise at a project level all engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented.
Reports To: Project Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Pride’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
· Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times. Overall responsibility for communication of information amongst all project team members.
· Establish and maintain procedures with the design professionals, consultants, owner and subcontractors for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting, applications for payment, etc.
· Work with Preconstruction and Estimating in development of Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) or initial project budget. Lead the preconstruction effort as it relates to Project Engineering and the specific project needs.
· Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC). Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution.
· Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
· Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
· Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
· Responsible for managing financial status of the project including preparation of project status and accuracy of financial reports.
· Schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
· Manage the subcontract change order process including review of subcontractor estimates, negotiate change orders, and obtain required owner approvals and preparation of subcontract change orders.
· Manage project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor close, final payment and records retention.
The following experience is REQUIRED:
Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience with a large general contractor or major subcontractor in the commercial construction industry. Demonstrated knowledge of construction documents with proven ability to understand scope gaps within the documents and experience resolving these types of issues in the field. Demonstrated ability and experience communicating effectively with the general contractor’s lead superintendent and project team as well as with trade partners, owners, clients and design team members.
Additional qualifications include: Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum of eight years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of accounting principles and cost control procedures. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various building systems. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Knowledge of Pride’s Project Management and scheduling software desirable. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Very strong oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.