Price Brothers Management Company Overland Park, KS
- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supervisory position with responsibility to organize, direct and motivate the on-site team to ensure efficient and profitable operations of the property. Complete all administrative duties as required and maintain a positive relationship with the residents of the property.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Select, supervise, motivate and monitor on-site staff.
- Direct the daily activities to include hiring and separation of employment for the property and field personnel (per Price Brothers Management Company Human Resource guidelines).
- Ensure that staff adheres to company personnel and operational policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for fiscal budgetary compliance to approved operational budgets.
- Ensure required reports are completed and delivered on a timely basis.
- Participate in the annual budget preparation process.
- Maintain effective communications and relations with residents.
- Advise appropriate middle and upper management of pertinent issues as related to the community, market or other respective issues.
Tasks Performed (not all inclusive)
- Be knowledgeable about the market, area and city.
- Inform District Manager about specials being run by competitive communities in the area, new construction, or closing of businesses which could impact your community.
- Responsible for having apartments turned to show, within 3-5 days, per Price Brothers Management Company policies.
- Responsible for on-site employees, including but not limited to:
» Selection of new employees
» Maintaining incident file
» Annual evaluations
» Salary Reviews
» Payroll Reporting
» Enforcing company policies.
- Establish schedules for on-site employees so work is completed in a timely manner with minimum overtime.
- Monitor bad debt and keep delinquents below 1.5%.
- Notify residents of service delays for any reason.
- Keep current and adhere to all Federal, State and local laws.
- Abide by all Price Brothers Management Company policies and procedures and use all appropriate forms.
- Prepare, process and sign all leases and other appropriate documents. Property managers are NOT authorized to sign contracts for services.
- Responsible for collection of all rent by close of books and process evictions as required.
- Responsible for tracking, maintaining and reconciling petty cash.
- Prepare reports to be turned in to the corporate office per the Price Brothers Management Company monthly calendar.
- Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions of the property, to include but not limited to:
» Processing invoices immediately, coding and posting to declining budget log prior to purchase.
» Work within established budget. Notify District Manager of any possible variations prior to incurring the cost.
» Maintain control of all Cash Receipts and reporting.
» Assure that bank deposits are made daily.
» Assist District Manager in preparation of annual budgets.
- Attend all training and managers meetings whenever they are scheduled unless otherwise instructed by your District Manager.
- Supervise leasing and renewal programs to maintain maximum occupancy.
- Purchase necessary supplies from Price Brothers Management Company’s authorized vendor list, making sure you stay within your established budget guidelines.
- Supervise outside contractors working on property.
- Personally oversee the details of apartment inspections and turnarounds, move-ins/move-outs, and contracted work.
- Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe, well-maintained community by inspecting the property daily.
- Report accidents and emergency situations, assume leadership during emergency situations, and immediately contact your District Manager to fill out proper insurance forms to be sent to the corporate office the same day of the incident.
- Respond to all resident calls in a courteous and prompt manner.
- Maintain accurate conversation records.
- Maintain required office hours and be on call for any emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
- Must dress and act in a professional way following the Price Brothers Management Company’s dress code.
- Inspect the property on a daily basis to ensure that all aspects of the property and curb appeal meet Price Brothers Management Company standards.
- Make notes of areas where improvement is needed. Property improvements should be incorporated into the budget whenever possible, emergency repairs should be remedied immediately.
- Inspect aged and or selected vacant apartments on a daily basis to monitor upkeep and make ready standards.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all Price Brothers Management Company information and report any breach of integrity which occurs at the property to the District Manager and Human Resources office immediately.
- Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong human relations and customer service skills, with the ability to maintain professional image.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
- Computer proficiency including but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and practice of Price Brothers Management standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of sales techniques.
- Strong math aptitude with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of operating the Property Management Software System.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent management and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of property management operations.
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant laws.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Employment Laws.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising.
- Education (level and type)
- Associates degree preferred.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Required Work Experience
- Property management experience. 3 years
- Certifications and/or Licenses
- A valid driver license and any other licenses/certifications required by the state; otherwise, none.
- Accredited Residential Manager Certification or Certified Apartment Manager Certification.
- Continuing Education Courses
- Only those required to maintain state certification or licensing; otherwise; none.
- Position may require a work schedule outside of standard hours, such as rotating work schedule or work schedule other than Monday through Friday.
- Position may require you to work at other property locations.
- Position will require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel out of state.
- Position will require showing and preparing units outside of the office.
- On-site/Off-site Indoor-Outdoor environment.
- On call 24-hours.
- Exposure to all weather conditions, including extreme temperatures of below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to tolerate prolonged sitting, standing, kneeling and walking for up to several hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds consistently, with heavier weight necessary at times up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform frequent reaching and handling tasks.
- Must be able to perform repetitive key-stroking activity for up to several hours a day.
The above responsibilities, qualifications, and working conditions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Price Brothers Management Company reserves the right to change any or all of the contents of this job description at any time.
Price Brothers Management Company
AddressOverland Park, KS
Real EstateView all jobs at Price Brothers Management Company