Criminal Defense Law Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Price Benowitz, LLP is a mid-sized law firm headquartered in Washington, DC with offices and attorneys throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. The firm currently has an opening for a law clerk (current law school students only) to join their criminal defense team at their Fairfax location. This is a great opportunity for a current law school student that is interested in criminal law. This position allows the candidate to obtain experience conducting extensive research and writing for a wide range of caseloads consisting of misdemeanors and felonies. The position can be Part time or Full time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Research law using statutes, controlling constitutions, regulations, court opinions (including precedents and reasoning); preparing legal memoranda.
- Assemble case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Assist with trial preparation by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Assist with maintaining files and databases.
- Assist with other essential functions of the firm.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least a 2L.
- Completion of Evidence and Criminal Procedure is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Virginia Criminal law is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
Price Benowitz LLP
LegalView all jobs at Price Benowitz LLP