Price Benowitz, LLP is seeking an additional full-time Washington D.C. PI Litigation Paralegal to join its growing team at their Washington, DC headquarters. The Litigation Paralegal serves as a legal secretary and focuses on assisting the litigation attorneys with cases that are in the litigation process to ensure the efficient and timely processing of all administrative processes associated with litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates and assists with attorney schedules and all calendaring.
- Ensures the timely response from the firm to the client.
- Performs client relation responsibilities to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintains Files and Database to ensure everything is documented accurately.
- Assists in the drafting of correspondence, discovery, and pleadings.
- Assists with coordinating experts.
- Requests medical records and billing.
- Files all pleadings in court.
- Schedules depositions, hearings, trials, mediations, and client meetings.
- Assist with negotiating outstanding medical bill balances and liens.
- Prepares disbursement sheets and final distribution letters.
- Seeks client feedback to improve future firm client relationships.
- Performs necessary administrative tasks.
- Assists with other essential functions of the department.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 5 years of Personal Injury paralegal experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 plus years of relevant experience.
- Experience with litigation matters in the DMV area.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and case management software.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Proven ability to handle a large caseload, prioritize, execute tasks, multitask and meet critical deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently but more importantly as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds to build client relationships.
- Must be able to pass a background check.