Family Law Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Posted: 5 days ago
Price Benowitz, LLP is seeking an in-office family law legal assistant or paralegal to join their growing family law team (assistance with some criminal defense work will also be necessary). The position serves as an administrative and legal support to the firm’s Virginia family law practice in the firm's Fairfax, VA office. The legal assistant or paralegal will be working closely with the supervising attorney. This position is responsible for direct contact and communication with clients, preparing legal documents and pleadings for court, organizing client portfolios, analyzing production and discovery documents and financial data. The legal assistant/paralegal will provide essential secretarial tasks including document preparation, dictation, filing, proofreading correspondence and various other secretarial tasks.
Candidates must have a strong foundation of family law experience (some criminal defense is also a plus). The ideal candidate also possesses great interpersonal skills, strong multi-tasking skills together with a proactive approach and sympathetic attitude in dealing with confidential matters.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Obtain legal documents.
- Perform administrative and client service functions.
- Conduct basic research.
- Assist with the drafting and completion of necessary documentation.
- Assist with the filing of legal documents.
- Assist with the management of databases and files.
- Perform client relation responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with other essential functions, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior family law legal assistant/paralegal experience required.
- Prior criminal law legal assistant/paralegal experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
**No agency submissions at this time, please.**
Powered by JazzHR
Price Benowitz LLP
LegalView all jobs at Price Benowitz LLP
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?