R&D Clinical DNA Testing Laboratory Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
PreventionGenetics provides comprehensive germline DNA testing for patients from all over the world. PreventionGenetics provides patients with sequencing and CNV tests for nearly all clinically relevant genes. These tests include our powerful and comprehensive whole exome and whole genome sequencing tests, PGxome® and PGnome® respectively. Our test methodology includes NextGen sequencing, Sanger sequencing and aCGH (both gene-centric and CMA). The quality of our testing has always been and continues to be our highest priority.
Due to our continued rapid growth, we are pleased to offer excellent career opportunities for the position of full-time Clinical DNA Testing Laboratory Technicians
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemistry, biology, genetics, medical technology or a related field
- Coursework in genetics and laboratory experience with DNA is preferred
- ASCP certification in molecular biology, medical laboratory scientist, or medical laboratory technician is preferred
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Comfortable working with specialized laboratory instrumentation and software applications
- Carry out laboratory protocols related to Sanger and/or Next Generation sequencing
- Support of clinical laboratory operations through:
- PCR and Sanger sequencing primer design
- Assay troubleshooting
- New test development
- Ensure efficient workflow and accurate analysis of test results
- Analysis of sequencing results preferred
- Other job-related duties as requested by management
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent health, dental, disability and life insurance
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Relaxed company culture and comprehensive employee fitness incentive plan
- Marshfield, Wisconsin -- ranked fifth best place to live and raise a family in America. (2010-Forbes.com)
- Outstanding public schools and continuous educational opportunities.
- Affordable housing and world-class health care facilities: St. Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield Medical Research Foundation and Marshfield Clinic.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
HealthcareView all jobs at PreventionGenetics LLC