CSCS Data Analyst
Prevailance Inc Dahlgren, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Center for Surface Combat Systems Data Analyst, Training Systems
- Dahlgren, VA
The Center for Surface Combat Systems' (CSCS) domain consists of the Command Staff located in Dahlgren, VA, CSCS Units, Sites, and Detachments worldwide. Training locations also include Shipyards, Fleet Surface Ships and Forward Deployed Naval Forces (FDNF). Services to be provided consist of Systems Engineering and Training Analysis services in support of the following areas: Manpower and Personnel, Infrastructure Support, Functional Integration Management (FIM) Support, Training Management Support, Documentation Support, Training Systems Acquisition and Lifecycle Support and International Programs (IP) Support to the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, Spanish, South Korea, Norwegian, Australian, Singapore Foreign Military Sales and future IP Initiatives.
The Data Analyst supports our customer by contributing to the delivery of the following services:
- Accessing CeTARS and Standard Training Activity Support System (STASS) files, reviewing files, analyzing, and preparing reports, and providing recommendations for changes to course schedules based on their findings.
- Ensuring Navy Training Management Databases are current by reviewing, updating, performing Quality Assurance, and establish or delete Course Identification Number (CIN), Course Data Processing (CDP) Code, and Catalog of Navy Training Courses (CANTRAC) entries.
- Providing weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports utilizing CeTARS.
- Inputting yearly class schedules in CeTARS for all CSCS schoolhouses, collaborates with all CSCS schoolhouses and all TSCs/Training Support Detachments (TSDs) to provide seats, change schedule dates, cancel classes, and ensure scheduled classes are cancelled and/or students are enrolled/graduated on time, per direction from the CSCS Training Directorate. T
- Maintaining the test bank for all courseware utilizing an approved Naval Education Training Command (NETC) software program such as Questionmark Perception and CeTARS (or its successor) and validating the course test plan and providing test item analysis of courses taught at CSCS.
- Providing CeTARS and CeTARS Subsystems training including Corporate and Student, Classroom Support Management (CSM), Student Training Management (STM), and Classroom Event Resource Scheduling (CERS), and CeTARS Resource Monitor for all CSCS personnel through onsite, distance learning and short help sessions
- Modifying user accounts and terminating access for users who are no longer assigned. The Data Analyst shall provide Questionmark Perception (or its successor) training as required to all CSCS schoolhouses.
- Providing technical support to CSCS. This effort includes but is not limited to development, maintenance and support of the following processes and CSCS directed functions: Training Activity Assessment Program visits, Training Project Plan reviews (providing written change recommendations), Position Mapping (jointly with CSCS N1/N7), Program Objective Memorandum and Feasibility Study analyses (including support for the data collection and analysis to identify and prioritize billets, training devices and facility requirements) Demand Signal Planning, TPM surge analyses, capacity determinations, and research, analysis, and reporting of various training metrics.
- Providing updates and delivering Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly CSCS Corporate enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS) Status Reports to CSCS N7 staff and CSCS Training Sites, to provide data analyses and administrative support for the CeTARS (STASS and NITRAS II) database, including account access controls and user support services.
- Supporting CSCS Electronic Classroom courseware database(s) through analysis, testing, and assisting the instructors.
- Documenting and report any changes, maintaining communications with facilitators and providing e system analyses that address software, hardware, and courseware technical issues
A day in the life of the Data Analyst
Working within a high functioning collaborative team comprised of highly skilled coworkers and customer technical leads, and supervisors, the data analyst develops and executes delivery schedules to meet customer demand signals for the services described above.
- Three (3) years’ experience reviewing, updating, and evaluating Navy Training Management corporate database systems such as CeTARS and FLTMPS.
- Must have ability to analyze data and detect trends as well as summarize findings, draw conclusions, and put together presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in the annual review of training requirements in support of the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process.
- We are looking for a teammate, so we highly value the ability to communicate and meet personal commitments not only to our customer but also our coworkers!
High School Graduate
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination prior to their start date unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.
TechnologyView all jobs at Prevailance Inc