About the Company
Pretty Books is a tech-forward and non-traditional accounting boutique in Seattle. We combine modern accounting expertise with a passion for high-tech financial solutions to help businesses define, structure, and improve their everyday and long-term financial operations. Our clients are from various industries - particularly real estate, property management, medical and dentistry, technology and retail. Our practice is growing fast, and we are seeking a qualified Accountant to join our team.
We have three goals – to deliver the highest quality work for our clients, to have pride and personal satisfaction in what we do, and to be people driven by real passion.
We are big on growth and encourage continue education and professional development to all team members. We strive to create a work life balance, offer a flexible schedule and promote personal responsibility.
At our office, we are not big on hierarchy, we believe in the sharing of knowledge, constructive feedback and like to have fun. While we’re serious about finances, we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our practice is growing, we are seeking additional leadership. The Senior Associate oversights the completeness and delivery of all client work and assist in client relations and communication and the training and mentorship of all current associates. For this role, you will be splitting your time into two, one-half of the time is spent doing and completing client requests and the other half is to assist, train and guide the work of all other associates. You will assist to manage the workload and communication of the practice current four team members.
Our work ranges from basic bookkeeping to controller to borderline CFO consulting.
As the Senior Associate, you will be the go-to person for the following items:
- Day to Day assistance to team
- GAAP clarification
- Accounting design and systems
- Financial directions and guidance
- Training and mentorship
- Client relations, expectation and delivery
- Workflow at practice
- Timeline and deadlines
- Nexus Research
- Project Management
As an Associate, you will be responsible for the day to day bookkeeping, month end close and financial reporting for a variety clients, including but not limited to: bookkeeping, general ledger entries, revenue reconciliation, account payable, account receivable, state tax filing, payroll and financial statements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform bookkeeping and general data entry
- Manage requests and correspondences
- Manage account payable clients
- Manage account receivable for clients
- Process payroll and payroll taxes
- Setup and design bookkeeping processes
- Reconcile bank, credit cards, notes
- Reconcile prepaid expense, accrued expense
- Reconcile assets and liabilities
- Prepare financial reports and statements
- Research state tax compliance
- Research, install and diagnose the technology systems used by our clients
- Financial forensic
- Create and design dashboards, stats and financial models
- Research tax compliance
- Diagnose accounting and data errors
- Month-End Financial Close
- Tech-forward: comfortable and willing to learn and hone the skills of using any software on your own.
- Growth mindset: energetic and unafraid to make and learn from mistakes.
- Creative: love using different interface and visuals to solve problems and tell the story of client’s financial.
- Take ownership: take initiatives on problem-solving of projects and find merit in your own work. Constantly strive to make improvements.
- Explorative: love trying out new methods and learning new tools for self-growth.
- Team-centered: communicative team player who loves working with other people.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Quickbooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero
- Excel (pivot table, index, v lookups, relationship between two tables in Excel)
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Full Time
- Health Benefits
- 2 Weeks Vacation
- Most of the work will take place at our office, however you will occasionally go to client offices as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year