Senior Associate – Client Facing
About the Company
Pretty Books is a tech-forward and non-traditional accounting boutique in Seattle. We combine modern accounting expertise with a passion for high-tech financial solutions to help businesses define, structure, and improve their everyday and long-term financial operations. Our clients are from various industries - particularly real estate, property management, medical and dentistry, technology, and retail. Our work ranges from basic bookkeeping to controller to CFO consulting.
Our practice is growing fast, and we are seeking a qualified accountant to join our team.
You will be working in teams. Certain work requires more than one person to ensure success.
· You are a team player.
· You share knowledge and provide perspective.
· You are transparent and communicative.
We are people people. Our clients expect us to be empathetic.
· You genuinely care and are curious about our clients.
· You are compassionate and patient.
· You express a sense of urgency and set priority accordingly.
· You enjoy talking and checking in with our clients.
The intrapreneur mindset. As a startup, we are not shy in exploring new ideas and processes for the betterment of our work and relationships.
· You are adaptive and changing.
· You are a problem solver.
· You take the lead to identify things that can improve.
· You are not afraid to voice ideas and solutions.
You are tech-forward. We are a company that uses technology, implements technology, and explores new technologies.
· You pick up new tools and technology easily.
· You navigate the internet with ease.
· You are a ninja at navigating various software and tools.
· You are on top of Slack, emails, and agile platforms.
Our Driving Principals
We have three goals – to deliver the highest quality work for our clients, to have pride and personal satisfaction in what we do, and to be people driven by real passion.
We are big on growth and encourage continued education and professional development to all team members. We offer a flexible schedule and promote personal responsibility.
We believe in the sharing of knowledge and constructive feedback.
The Senior Associate possesses financial and business acumen. You have experience working in a startup or a firm. You will oversee the delivery of all client work and assist in client relations and communication. This is a client facing position with an emphasis on consultation work. You have an appetite for growth and are eager to test your potential.
For this role, you are expected to provide consultation to our client. You will collaborate with the client to solve problems and identify roadmaps. As a professional partner, you will take part in various conversations with the client. You are expected to provide financial insight and your perspective regarding accounting and operational strategies.
· Prepare meeting agendas.
· Discuss financial models.
· Discuss roadmap and findings.
· Discuss process and operations.
· Describe financial assumptions and perspective.
As the Senior Associate, you will be responsible for the completion and compliance of the general ledger for clients. This include management and support for month-end close and financial reporting for a variety of clients. You should be familiar with some finance concepts of a business, including but not limited to financial modeling, financial forecasting, key metrics, and analytics.
· Manage and oversee GL reconciliations.
· Develop and maintain schedules and workpapers for balance sheet accounts i.e. inventory, WIP, defer revenue, liabilities, and notes.
· Accounting design i.e. chart of accounts.
· Financial analytics and metrics
· Financial models i.e. projections, budgets, cash flow, dashboards.
· Financial directions and guidance – GAAP.
· Lead project deliverables and timeline.
· Lead meetings and communication to clients.
· Provide technical training and guidance to team as needed
· Nexus Research
For this role, you will manage client relations and confidence, specially for “high-touch, high maintenance clients.” High maintenance clients are growing companies that are characterized by their ever-evolving environment. These clients require accurate high-level financials and intensive day-to-day support. In addition, you will oversee and lead client communication and meetings. This involves managing client’s projects, timeline, and work allocation.
· Client on-boarding experience.
· Reconstruction and clean-up project timeline and deliverables.
· New project accounting processes.
· Client communication and relations.
· Client meetings and project clarifications.
· Work and bandwidth allocation.
· Perform bookkeeping and general data entry
· Manage requests and correspondences
· Manage accounts payable for clients
· Manage accounts receivable for clients
· Process payroll and payroll taxes
· Setup and design bookkeeping processes
· Reconcile bank, credit cards, notes
· Reconcile prepaid expense, accrued expense
· Reconcile assets and liabilities
· Prepare financial reports and statements
· Research state tax compliance
· Research, install, and diagnose the technology systems used by our clients
· Financial forensics
· Create and design dashboards, key metrics, and financial models
· Research tax compliance
· Diagnose accounting and data errors
· Detail oriented
· Mathematically inclined
· Independent thinker
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field and/or 3-5 years of experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with software system implementation a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Quickbooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero
- Excel (pivot table, index, v lookups, relationship between two tables in Excel)
- Pays strict attention to detail
· Full Time
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· FSA and HSA
· 2 Weeks’ Vacation
Pretty Books LLC
Why Work Here?Pretty Books is a tech-forward and non-traditional accounting boutique in Seattle. We combine modern accounting expertise with a passion for high-tech financial solutions to help businesses define, structure, and improve their everyday and long-term financial operations. Our clients are from various industries - particularly real estate, property management, medical and dentistry, technology, and retail. Our work ranges from basic bookkeeping to controller to CFO consulting.
Lots of room for growth!