Bilingual Legal Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: The selected candidate will assist both the attorney and senior-level paralegals in managing a large client base. Cases are primarily worker’s compensation claims and appeals, representing the injured worker. Legal assistants have specific daily responsibilities to complete calendared events, communicate with clients and other stakeholders (medical providers, claims managers, vocational counselors and other attorneys’ offices) to move claims towards resolutions favorable to our clients. Because our clients are often in highly stressful situations, both physically and financially, a successful legal assistant is also a calming voice and empathy is a key trait. This is a fast-paced environment where the legal assistant will be required to switch tasks frequently to answer phone calls, urgent e-mails and attorney or other staff requests, thus having a system to juggle multiple tasks at once is key. While the work is challenging, it is rewarding in that a job well done by our office usually results in providing medical and financial relief to our clients who would not otherwise have it.
- Full time
- Pay $15-$25/hr depending on experience.
- Paid health benefits after 60 days (medical/vision/dental)
- Hours of work 8:00-5:00 M-F, with one hour lunch break
- High school diploma
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills with specific professional/school/volunteer examples
- Able to communicate fully both written and verbally in English and Spanish.
- Excellent references
- College degree (Bachelor’s or Associate's) in a legal or business-related field
- Legal Assistant experience and/or professional office experience
- Experience with client management databases
- Experience with multi-line phone system
- Customer Service experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Interest in the legal profession
- Ability to collaborate on projects
Preszler & Bunch, PLLCWhy Work Here?
Fast-paced, team oriented environment, helping improve our clients' lives every day!
Preszler & Bunch is a law firm in Kennewick that handles individual clients' legal matters with a personal touch. Specifically we help our clients with workers' compensation, social security disability, civil matters, criminal matters and estate planning.
8797 W Gage BlvdKennewick, WA
LegalView all jobs at Preszler & Bunch, PLLC