Controller - Automotive Group
- Expired: October 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Prestige is seeking a Group Controller to oversee the daily accounting operations of a business. Based in Ramsey NJ, this position will manage all the accounting staff at each of our dealerships located in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Lead the accounting function and partner with dealership operations to ensure all financial controls and processes are established and followed to ensure profitability to include controls on payables/receivables and expense analysis
- Ensures Financial Statements are prepared timely and accurately
- Supervises periodic audits of the company's accounts. If an independent auditor is hired, the comptroller collaborates with him and provides the documents needed to complete an audit.
- Vigilant about reporting any fraud, abuse or waste of company assets.
- Consolidate monthly and quarterly management reporting and provide recommendations, ensures accuracy of all expense coding
- Analyze information and provide data necessary to help complete the overall budget, as well as specialized ones in areas such as production budget, sales or capital expenditures.
- Provide information necessary for the company to secure loans.
- Manages and tracks the company's cash flow to better assist in the management of assets and liabilities.
- Manage controllable spend reporting and analysis related to corporate functions
- Development of forecasting reports related to all areas of dealership expenses analysis and forecasting
- Pay plan audit and consistency for processing bi-annually review
- The preparation of a monthly financial statement according to dealership and manufacturer guidelines and timeline.
- Manage the work allocation for all staff to ensure even distribution and efficiencies
- Analysis of financial data to identify trends and opportunity to improve dealership profitability.
- Oversees and audits all scheduled accounts including warranty claims, rebates, parts and vehicle inventory accounts are current and accurate.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general leger accounts with outside sources to ensure bank reconciliations, reserve accounts and factory and floor plan payables are accurate.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
- Assist with escalated customer issues
- 10 plus years in automotive industry
- Managed a team of accounting professionals
- Bachelor's (4-year) college degree, preferably in the field of Finance or Accounting.
- Strong analytical skills and business/finance acumen
- Ability to work with teams across all levels in the organization
- High level working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh CPA Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.