Conduct financial transactions between members and the Credit Union, handle routine member
inquiries and problems and maintain favorable member and employee relations by performing the
- Ensure accurate posting of night drop and ATM transactions by the opening of business.
- Safely secure teller drawer to ensure the protection of the credit union’s cash assets.
- Provide courteous and prompt service to members in person and via phone.
- Post multiple transactions including cash and check deposits, cash withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, Visa/Mastercard advances, cashier checks, and other financial transactions.
- Become skilled at utilizing a 10-key to verify cash transactions.
- Complete a midday and end-of-day balance of all cash held in order to identify and prevent outages.
- Complete balance of all incoming checks throughout the day and again at the end of day.
- Balance all necessary items for the branch at the end of day/end of month including: cash advances, incoming checks, outgoing checks, and money orders.
- Cross sell credit union products and services to meet member’s needs. Meet monthly cross selling goals as set by Operations Manager.
- Operate the Branch Capture software to scan, balance, and submit incoming checks to check processor.
- Be familiar with credit union policies and procedures concerning member privacy and confidentiality.
- Preserve an organized and aesthetically appealing work environment.
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional personal appearance.
- Serve as backup for receptionist when necessary and become educated on all receptionist duties.
- Serve as backup to member services to secure and balance visa check cards under dual control.
- Ensure completion of daily checklist at end of day including (but not limited to): verifying that the cash vault and main vault are securely locked at the end of each day.