ABOUT PRESIDIO TRUST EMPLOYEE SUPPORT SERVICES
The Presidio Trust Employee Support Services office is leading some exciting organizational changes. We are about to implement an improved compensation system and additional automation in some of our core employee support services processes. We recently implemented an automated injured workers management system, and we are looking towards our next improvements to better serve Presidio Trust supervisors, managers, and employees.
Learn more about this agency
The Presidio Trust is seeking a Human Resources professional to join our Employee Support Services Office in the People Division in the Presidio. You will work predominantly in supporting managers and supervisors of both union and non-union staff in talent acquisition and employee relations. Our ideal candidate is an effective business partner with strong collaboration, communication, planning, and problem-solving skills. You are capable of effectively managing multiple tasks and projects in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The Employee Support Services Team is small and highly productive. The team provides human resources services for about 350 employees in professional, administrative, technical, clerical, and trades occupations. Approximately one-half of the work force is included in a union. Although the Presidio Trust is a Federal agency, we enjoy unique flexibilities. The significant flexibilities are far-reaching and provide an HR professional with a work environment that is both stimulating and challenging.
- Provides advisory services to managers regarding recruiting, staffing, classification, position management, performance management, compensation, and employee relations.
- Analyzes difficult personnel issues and recommends options regarding application of program flexibilities to specific organizational problems and operations.
- Classifies positions using the Trusts internal system to determine appropriate pay range, FLSA status, union status, etc.
- Develops recruiting and position restructuring strategies to address program needs.
- Guides managers in developing and selecting appropriate criteria for evaluating job candidates.
- Advises on complex employee performance and conduct issues.
- Advises on compensation issues such as pay administration, hours of work, and work schedules, including entitlement to premium pay.
- Participates in workforce management planning and analysis; conducts systematic studies to identify long and short term needs of serviced organizations.
- Provides excellent customer service and continuously seeks to improve the quality of service by implementing best practices identified by data analysis and customer feedback.
Occasional travel - Little to No Travel Required
- #### Job family (Series)
- Human Resources Specialists
- Specialists, Human Resources
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
See Technical Qualifications
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a variety of human resources specialties, including but not limited to classification, talent acquisition, pay, and employee relations.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the flexibilities and implications of Section 103(c)(7) of The Presidio Trust Act.
- Ability to define problems, identify relationships, evaluate and assess impacts, and arrive at conclusions when carrying out special studies or projects, or when drafting guidelines or advisory memoranda covering complex or highly sensitive topics.
- Ability to articulate, interpret, and clearly explain in writing complex issues and findings using substantial analysis to provide convincing evidence or critical information.
- Ability to rapidly and thoroughly research novel problems and issues where there are conflicting requirements, guidelines are scarce or of limited use, and case law is vague.
- Skill in data mining, reporting, and tracking.
- Customer service motivation.
- Bright, confident, and enthusiastic demeanor with passion for parks; desire to work for the Trust.
- Federal experience in other HR specialties desired, for example classification, staffing, benefits, and employee/labor relations.
- Experience with non-Federal talent acquisition.
- Optimistic and positive attitude with a demonstrated deep commitment to exceptional customer service.
See Technical Qualifications
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
Presidio Trust Employment Application (download from https://www.presidio.gov/presidio-trust/jobs-internal/Shared%20Documents/Employment%20Application.pdf)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
The Trust provides the following benefits to eligible employees, and more:
Alternative Work Schedules
Federal Employees Retirement System
Flexible Spending Plan
Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan
Federal Thrift Savings Plan
Vacation (annual leave) Benefits
Vision Care Insurance
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Employee Support Services, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.
Agency contact information
Employee Support Services
103 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California 94129
Learn more about this agency
Applications received by April 25, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews the week of April 29th, the second round the week of May 6th, make a job offer in mid-May, and set a work start date in May or June 2019.
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide rea