Preschool of America is looking for a qualified, professional Pre-K Head Teacher to teach in our family-oriented year-round program on the Upper West Side.
Ideal candidates must have experience working with students in an early childhood setting. Candidates must be highly motivated and passionate about working with children. Must be able to establish and maintain good relationships with parents, children, and co-workers. Must be warm, nurturing, and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
Head Teachers responsibilities include:
· Lesson planning and implementing instructional activities based on the Creative Curriculum. Instructional activities must integrate core subject areas such as math development, language development, diversity awareness, gross and fine motor skills development, self-help skill development, science, art, music, health and hygiene, social studies, and self-esteem.
· Establishing, implementing, and reinforcing classroom rules, supervising classroom activities, monitoring and maintaining positive behavior management.
· Interacting with parents and maintaining daily communication through conferences, weekly newsletters/reports, classroom functions.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field
· Candidates must be certified in ECE or be placed on a study plan working towards certification
· All candidates must be able to pass a background check (including fingerprinting) and provide all required documentation.
About Preschool of America:
Preschool of America is a dynamic school in New York City. We provide the highest quality preschool education, distinguished daycare amenities, and professional services for children in a warm, nurturing, and responsive environment. We are proud to promote your child’s understanding in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Our dedicated and trained staff are committed to exceeding the expectations of every family we serve. We provide our staff with on-going training and development to ensure that we are providing our students the best and highest quality learning environments.