- Posted: February 18, 2023
Join Our Team!
Presbyterian Village North is immediately hiring Cooks in our Dining Services Department; Flexible 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts within opening hours 6:00 am - 8:00 pm.
Bring your cooking skills, professionalism and love for food.
Wonderful environment and strong teammate relationships!
Affordable medical, dental, vision benefits. 401K is available after your 1st year. Come grow with us.
With a shared legacy in business and healthcare innovation, Forefront Living's family of care-oriented organizations blends values built on compassion and faith with high-quality senior care - long-term care, Alzheimer's and memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapies, hospice and palliative care.
These senior care services, along with the celebration of independent living at our senior lifestyle communities, combine to bring deeper meaning to every phase of life for people of all faiths, regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin or disability. Forefront Living is the not-for-profit, faith-based parent of Presbyterian Village North, Faith Presbyterian Hospice, and the T. Boone Pickens Hospice and Palliative Care Center.Responsibilities:
• Models a service attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to residents, patients and co-workers
• Ensure resident, patient, visitor, and co-worker safety by remaining aware of and reporting any new or existing safety hazards
• Maintain good attendance record; arrive at work timely and conform to scheduled work hours
• Perform all job duties safely
• Wear appropriate and assigned protective gear, i.e. apron, hair nets
• Ability to follow opening and closing procedures
• Maintain standards of cleanliness, i.e. washing hands and food
• Prepare and cook resident meals in quantities and diet plans (i.e. therapeutic, puree) according to menu, recipes and number of persons served; be sure alternates are prepared
• Pull items needed according to production sheets and recipes for meal service.
• Clean work area and equipment (i.e. ovens, steamers, tilt sink, food warmers) in accordance with sanitation requirements
• Final check of area to be sure it is clean and all items are stored correctly, correcting any problems
• Taste, smell, and observe food to ensure conformity with recipes and appearance
• Comply with standards established by department manager
• Monitor portion control guidelines for individual residents
• Follow posted Timeline Guides for Cooks, as assigned by department manager, according to your shift
• Perform other similar duties as assigned by Chef
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-3 years of cooking experience, banquet cooking experience a plus.
• Previous supervisory experience is a plus
• Ability to prepare meals in accordance with written menu, approved recipes and special diet requirements
• Ability to understand recipes
• Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
• Ability to perform work tasks within the Physical Demand Requirements
• Ability to comply with the Resident Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities
• Ability to comply with organizational and departmental safety policies and procedures
• Ability to perform Essential Duties
Presbyterian Village North
FoodView all jobs at Presbyterian Village North
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?