Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan, and a growing multi-specialty medical group with more than 950 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s largest private employer with approximately 12,000 employees.
Plains Regional Medical Center which is owned and managed by Presbyterian Healthcare Services is actively recruiting a Pediatrician to join our provider team in Clovis, NM. PRMC acts as a medical hub for nearly 120,000 rural residents in Eastern New Mexico and West Texas.
- Monday - Friday Schedule: Provider will have 36 hours of scheduled patient care and 4 hours of administrative time per week. 4-day work week option.
- The incoming physician can expect personal office space and 2-3 exam rooms per physician.
- An average of 25-28 patients per day.
- Call is in rotation with the group.
- There are no required late night clinic or weekend clinic responsibilities. There may also be an option for a four (4) day work week.
- Call is shared amongst all of the Pediatricians in the group. The current call schedule is 1:4, and the on-call Pediatrician is responsible for rounding on new admissions, rounding on newborns in the nursery, and taking call for deliveries/C-Sections that require assistance if complications are anticipated. The on-call Pediatrician is not required to stay on site after hours but must be available within 30 minutes of being called.
- Call coverage on weekends is typically not needed because PRMC has a Pediatric Hospitalist, who provides weekend call coverage for PRMC. Pediatricians in Clovis are expected to provide call coverage on the weekends that the Pediatric Hospitalist is off.
- RN and MA with APC Support
- System-Wide EPIC EMR
- PRMC emphasizes the “Patient-Centered Medical Home” which is an innovative model of healthcare that emphasizes teamwork, coordination, and technology.
- Translating services are available for physicians who are not bilingual.
- The incoming physician can perform office-based procedures at their own discretion.
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Generous Time Off Program (vacation, sick leave, CME and holiday)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more one in three New Mexicans with healthcare or coverage.
We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico’s unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos’ nuclear scientists, Roswell’s visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe’s artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places, and experiences that make this state great.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding, and boating, it’s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
Please contact Tammy Duran-Porras at (505) 923-5567 or by email at email@example.com for more details.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.