Director of Children's and Family Ministries
Presbyterian Church of the Master Mission Viejo, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Director of Childrens and Family Ministries
The Director of Children and Family Ministries is called to partner with families in nurturing faith in the lives of children with the hope they will grow up to walk with Jesus for a lifetime. In living out this calling, the Director is responsible for overseeing the overall integration and periodic reimagination of the major pillars of Children and Family ministries.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Department: Program Staff
Reports To: Executive Pastor
· Sunday School Coordinator
· CFM Administrative Assistant
· Nursery Coordinator
· Moppets Coordinator
· Be a loving and listening pastoral presence to PCOM families such that parents feel loved, seen, and connected through the Director’s relational ministry.
· Brainstorm, experiment, and develop family ministry around three focuses:
o Family fellowship and connection events (e.g. beach days, pool gathers, camping trips, on-campus dinners, hikes, game nights, after service fellowship, etc).
o Family service opportunities (e.g. serve at Viejo, serve at South County Outreach, serve at Sunrise).
o Family-based discipleship through catechetical resourcing, family-based small groups, and parenting resources/classes.
· Lead and organize weekly coordination planning with the CFM team.
· Initiate, organize, and supervise the annual VBS program in partnership with the VBS directing team.
· Evaluate and implement strategy around CFM’s camp partnership with Forest Home.
· Ensure that proper Child Protection screening and training for all paid and volunteer staff is completed.
· Collaborate with the CFM elder and committee in establishing and tracking CFM annual budget and expenses.
● Partner and assist, as needed, the Sunday School coordinator in selecting curriculum and designing Sunday School strategy and implementation.
● Be fully engaged and present on Sunday morning alongside, and in partnership with, the Sunday School coordinator.
● Assist the Moppets Coordinator in facilitating childcare for MOPS.
● EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
o Bachelor’s degree.
o 2 years of ministry and/or educational experience desired.
o Must have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and a passion for his Church.
o High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
o Fun-loving, energetic, and a sense of humor.
o Work cooperatively and effectively in teams.
o Ability and willingness to learn technology as needed.
o Ability to support all aspects of a busy ministry team.
o Adapt well to change.
o Strong attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
● This position primarily works in an office and ministry environment. Requires frequent sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, balancing, stooping and occasional climbing.
● Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
● Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Executive Pastor, based upon the accomplished objectives and goals of the job description.
Presbyterian Church of the MasterWhy Work Here?
We have a great team, flexible work culture, friendly church environment, and opportunities to learn new skills.
PCOM exists for the sake of making the hope of Jesus present in our community through authentic fellowship, courageous service, and joy-filled worship.
26051 Marguerite PkwyMission Viejo, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Presbyterian Church of the Master