Basketball Tournament Director
- Posted: over a month ago
Prep Network (www.prepnetwork.com) is the national leader in prep coverage, events, and athlete recruitment. Our scouts produce 4,000 articles each month, our 150+ tournaments and showcases promote hundreds of teams and thousands of prospects across the country each year with extensive coverage.
Company Core Values
- Problem Solver: Are you able to identify problems, think on your feet and find and deliver solutions in a timely manner?
- Accountability: able to be relied upon as a leader and own your job at all times.
- Curious: never stop questioning, learning, growing and improving.
- Team Player: Be selfless and make winning plays.
We are a rapidly growing sports-focused company looking for the consummate team player to help us organize and operate youth basketball and volleyball tournaments and showcases nationwide. As an Event Director, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of events.
You will be the face of our events team and responsible for upholding our standard of first-class tournaments and showcases at locations around the country. Leverage the tools, training, and resources we provide to create an elite experience for players and teams.
Candidates should live in or within 5 hours of the market they are applying for.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Event Execution. If the event isn't local, you will be on the road carrying-out on-site event processes and managing all staff. You'll be working closely with other site directors, court staff, and check-in/admissions staff to ensure the best experience for all in attendance.
- Planning and Organizing. When you are not traveling, you will collaborate with our event team in the office organizing all details and checklists that go into the preparation of an event.
- Communication. You will be responsible for communicating with all event staff including facility contacts, Site Directors, officials assignors, and onsite staff.
- Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving. You will be responsible for amicably resolving conflicts with spectators, parents, players, and officials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Organized. Strong ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities.
- Event Management. Experience in running tournaments with at least 30+ teams is highly preferred. Experience in multi-site event management is also preferred.
- Decisive and Problem Solving. Proven ability to make decisions under pressure, and solve problems on the fly.
- Personable. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- People Management. Experience working with and managing groups of people of 10 or more.
- Use of technology. Must have a laptop or IPad and be proficient in working in Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Pay. Tournament Directors will be paid $1,000-$1,200 per event, plus all travel expenses (airfare, rental car, hotel, meals) will be paid for by Prep Network.
- Awesome Talent. In addition to running the event, you'll get to see some of the top athletes in the country who will go on and play at the collegiate level.
- Flexible Schedule. We run events nearly every weekend from January-July. Tournament Directors have the flexibility to choose which weekends they go out and work, with the understanding that April, May, and July is our "busy season" and the expectation would be that you're working 3+ events throughout those months.
Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by JazzHR
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Prep Network