As a Business Analyst you are responsible for leveraging multiple data sources for benchmarking, assessing and recognizing key activities and trends that are impacting a client's business and transforming them into critical market insights. You will deliver strategic and consultative recommendations to help guide data-informed decision making and develop more effective retail strategies and plans.
What will you do?
* Leverages existing systems and field data to provide regular analytics on the state of the business
* Supports management and client by providing in-depth data analysis of strengths/weaknesses in current execution of retail strategies
* Develops comprehensive and clear understanding of retail environments and consumer insights to utilize when recommending effective in-market strategies
* Leverages analytics to develop solid Key Performance Indicator (KPI) strategies for field execution and/or account management
* Serves as a point of influence for the client and effectively communicates performance measurements and impact of initiatives
* Statistical analysis of results to identify impact of initiatives
* Leverages data available, identifies opportunities and potential and likely outcomes from putting recommendations into action
* Compiles data into professional reports that support both findings and recommendations.
* Clearly communicates and articulates compelling business insights and actions with data and context
* Presents data to clients and all levels of management and gains buy-in based on credibility of analytics
* Manages intelligence requests that come from a variety of sources, at varying times, with varying beginning and end dates
* Communicates via assigned methods (verbal, written, formal presentation) to management and client all assigned reports by assigned due dates
What experience should you have?
* Exceptional skills in creative problem solving, study and reporting design, time management, self-confidence, data mining, analysis, accountability, practicality, client relations, communication, and presentation
* Detail-oriented and client focused (experience in client-facing role preferred)
* Proven expert at linking data collected with overall retail and channel strategy, delivering sound recommendations
* Must have strong point of view on the proper application of data-driven analysis to business scenarios, and be able to select appropriate methodologies
* Experience in retail analytics, operations, retail distribution, shopper insights, merchandising, sales, shopper marketing and service organizations highly preferred
* Experience analyzing sales data (syndicated IRI/Nielsen data or POS data, such as Retail Link)
* Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) software preferred, such as Sisense, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
* Knowledge and experience with SQL a plus
* Excellent communication skills required
* Strong presentation skills exhibited with small or medium-sized groups
* Proven knowledge of retail statistics and enhancing brand performance through analysis
* Evidence of forming and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships
* Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency, including advanced Excel skills
* Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree highly desirable