We have an opening for a PRN (as-needed) Registered Nurse (RN) to work with two of our Employer Health Clinics located in Millsboro and Selbyville, DE!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: The PRN Registered Nurse will work with two of our Primary Care Health Clinics in Millsboro and Selbyville on an as-needed basis. Hours and shift may vary depending on coverage needed. The health clinics are open Monday-Friday and the hours will vary depending on the day and site from 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, or 10am-7pm.
- Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow.
- Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests. Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law.
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed.
- Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician.
- Performs occupational and health screening tests as defined in site contract (EKG, audiometry, spirometry, vision).
- Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures.
- Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged.
- Evaluates health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates' degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Current hands on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management preferred.
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.