- W2 Only, Long term contract, Must have Cisco Certs -
Job description & duties:
- Assist with design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with senior network engineers on network optimization.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- The configuration of routing and switching equipment.
- Maintain and configure Check point and ASA firewalls.
- Support design, implementation and operation for the LAN/WAN, internet, wireless, Cisco VOIP, and Extranet Access networking infrastructure.
- Responsible for coordination with Senior Architect and Senior Engineers with implementing and testing complex network infrastructure systems, and operational support of network infrastructure, including LAN/WAN, wireless, firewalls, and Cisco VOIP/CUCM.
- Support and collaborate with infrastructure and solution delivery leads, as well as business division leaders and other stakeholders in support of strategic company goals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking incidents and provide high level support for daily operations.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential LAN/WAN to ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor the wireless network and devices and perform wireless maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking incidents and provide support daily to users.
- Support daily add, moves and changes.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours when needed.
4 years’ experience working continuously in support of Cisco WAN/LAN's
Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Computer Sciences, or Engineering
Cisco Nexus hardware & catalyst