Who We’re Looking For...
At PTR, we want team members who support our core values, fit our culture, and ultimately love the work they do. What does that mean? It means teamwork and hard work, passion, integrity, and not forgetting how to have a good time! We want our employees to love their job and love the team they work with. Because when you love your work, it shows in your work product.
The Procurement Manager - Parts at PTR is a key player in aligning the parts needs of the sales and service teams. S/he will be responsible for all vendor relationship management (VRM) by working with suppliers to negotiate contracts and improve processes related to receiving parts and inventory. The goal of the Strategic Sourcing Specialist is to reduce parts costs and improve delivery time for PTR. S/he will work with upper-level management to ensure that the supply chain remains in alignment with the needs of PTR.
- Source and negotiate pricing and contracts for new and existing products and vendors
- Continuously analyzing and developing category spend & savings reports to compare year over year and monthly spend trends in key indirect categories
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead/participate in negotiations with suppliers on price, delivery, terms, etc
- Plan material needs with suppliers based off of demand forecasts, incoming fleet orders, and production schedules
- Collaborate with sales, service, and manufacturing to avert product shortages, optimize inventory and safety stock levels of managed parts, and identify the most efficient and cost effective parts for upfits
- Partner with Quality and Manufacturing to monitor and correct all supplier non-conformance issues
- Ensure vendors are providing service as promised, in a timely manner
- Develop characteristics of preferred suppliers
- Inventory Optimization: set up min/max reorder report and review daily
- Advise operations manager on parts activities and trends and discuss results with management
- Develop recommendations of changes to processes or procedures as necessary to drive tech efficiency
- Research potential new products
- Manage parts department employees, including employee development, approving payroll, and time-off requests
- Collaborate monthly with manager on employee performance and profit-sharing scores
- Communicate disciplinary issues with manager
- 5+ years of procurement experience (preferably in automotive manufacturing)
- ERP Purchasing experience is a must, Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred
- STRONG skills in Microsoft Suite of Products – Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Resourcefulness and problem solving
- Can handle fast-paced, at times stressful environment when large orders come in with tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and effectively complete project-based tasks by their deadline
- Thrives in a teamwork-based environment. We win together, we lose together!
- Extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated